For more than 30 years, IAPMO has developed both industry standards and American National Standards (ANS). IAPMO developed the ANS initially as the Secretariat for the ANSI Z124 Technical committee, and since 2005 as an ANSI-accredited standards development organization, thus changing the designation of the standards to IAPMO/ANSI.
Although IAPMO's standards have traditionally focused primarily on plumbing standards, for the last few years IAPMO has also developed standards for solar heating systems and components, mechanical products (e.g., heating, ventilation, cooling and refrigeration system products), and also for products used in the recreational vehicle and manufactured housing industry.
IAPMO's industry standards (e.g., IGCs and PSs) are developed via an open process, which utilizes the principles of consensus, in accordance with IAPMO Policy S-001, which can be downloaded from this website.
The following IAPMO/ANSI standards are published and are available for purchase:
• IAPMO/ANSI S1001.1-2013 Design and Installation of Solar Water Heating Systems
• IAPMO/ANSI Z124.5-2013e1 Plastic Toilet Seats
• IAPMO/ANSI Z124.7-2013 Prefabricated Plastic Spa Shells
• IAPMO/ANSI Z124.8-2013e1 Plastic Liners for Bathtubs and Shower Receptors
• IAPMO/ANSI Z1000-2013 Prefabricated Septic Tanks
• IAPMO/ANSI Z1001-2013 Prefabricated Gravity Grease Interceptors
• IAPMO/ANSI Z1033-2013e1 Flexible PVC Hoses and Tubing for Pools, Hot Tubs, Spas, and Jetted Bathtubs
• IAPMO/ANSI Z1088-2013 Pre-Pressurized Water Expansion TanksIAPMO/ANSI Z1000-2013 Prefabricated Septic Tanks
The following IAPMO standards were published in January:
• IAPMO IGC 127-2014 Combined Hand‐Washing Systems
• IAPMO PS 090-2014 Elastomeric Test Caps, Cleanout Caps, and Combination Test Caps/Shielded Couplin