For over 30 years, IAPMO’s standards-development, an ANSI approved process, has primarily focused on plumbing product standards. This concentration was primarily due to IAPMO members’ expertise from over 50 years of writing and updating the Uniform Plumbing Code.
Recently, IAPMO’s efforts have broadened to include standards for mechanical products. Drawing on their years of experience, many IAPMO members have also contributed to the development of the Uniform Mechanical Code. Mechanical product standards cover heating, ventilation, cooling and refrigeration system products.
IAPMO also publishes standards covering products used in the Recreational Vehicle and Manufactured Housing Industry called IAPMO Trailer Standards.
IAPMO is pleased to announce that the following IAPMO/ANSI standards were published recently and are available for purchase:
• IAPMO/ANSI Z124.5-2013 Plastic Toilet Seats
• IAPMO/ANSI Z124.7-2013, Prefabricated Plastic Spa Shells
• IAPMO/ANSI Z124.8-2013, Plastic Liners for Bathtubs and Shower Receptors
Note: These standards replace the previous editions, published in 2006 (Z124.5), 1997 (Z124.7) and 1990 (Z124.8).
The following IAPMO standards were published in April:
• IAPMO IGC 174-2013 Shower Arm Adapters
• IAPMO IGC 262-2013 Corrugated Thermoplastic Tanks
• IAPMO IGC 291‐2013 Flexible Fittings for Connecting Water Closets and Urinals to the Drainage System
• IAPMO IGC 297-2013 Pressure Relief Valves for Hot- and Cold-Water Distribution Systems
• IAPMO IGC 298-2013 Rooftop Support Blocks for Piping and Mechanical Equipment
• IAPMO IGC 301-2013 Flexible Drain Connectors for Lavatories and Sinks
• IAPMO PS 053‐2013 Grooved Mechanical Pipe Couplings and Grooved Fittings
• IAPMO PS 092‐2013 Heat Exchangers and Indirect Water Heaters
• IAPMO PS 106‐2013a Prefabricated, Tileable Shower Receptors