IAPMO Industry Standards
For more than 30 years, IAPMO has developed industry standards (e.g., IGCs, PSs, and TSs) to cover innovative new plumbing products not covered by existing standards. Often, new products or new technologies surge ahead far faster than most standards can keep pace. Through our industry standards, IAPMO provides manufacturers and product developers a vehicle for introducing new products to the marketplace in timely manner.
Although IAPMO industry standards have traditionally focused primarily on plumbing, in the last few years IAPMO has also developed standards for solar heating systems and components, mechanical products (e.g., heating, ventilation, cooling and refrigeration system products), and also for products used in the recreational vehicle and manufactured housing industry.
IAPMO's industry standards are jointly developed by IAPMO staff and stakeholders via an open process, which utilizes the principles of consensus, in accordance with IAPMO Policy S-001 and IAPMO Policy S-008. Such standards are widely accepted by industry and regulators (jurisdictions). Additional information can be found in our Standards brochure.
If you wish to initiate development of a new IAPMO industry standard or revise an existing one, please fill in the Standards Application Form and submit it to standards@IAPMOstandards.org.
The following IAPMO/ANSI standards are published and are available for purchase:
• IAPMO/ANSI S1001.1-2013 Design and Installation of Solar Water Heating Systems
• IAPMO/ANSI Z124.5-2013e1 Plastic Toilet Seats
• IAPMO/ANSI Z124.7-2013 Prefabricated Plastic Spa Shells
• IAPMO/ANSI Z124.8-2013e1 Plastic Liners for Bathtubs and Shower Receptors
• IAPMO/ANSI Z1000-2013 Prefabricated Septic Tanks
• IAPMO/ANSI Z1001-2013 Prefabricated Gravity Grease Interceptors
• IAPMO/ANSI Z1033-2013e1 Flexible PVC Hoses and Tubing for Pools, Hot Tubs, Spas, and Jetted Bathtubs
• IAPMO/ANSI Z1088-2013 Pre-Pressurized Water Expansion
The following IAPMO standard was published in July:
• IAPMO TS 13-2014 Water Fill Caps for Recreational Vehicles