For over 30 years, IAPMO’s standards-development, an ANSI approved process, has primarily focused on plumbing product standards. This concentration was primarily due to IAPMO members’ expertise from over 50 years of writing and updating the Uniform Plumbing Code.
Recently, IAPMO’s efforts have broadened to include standards for mechanical products. Drawing on their years of experience, many IAPMO members have also contributed to the development of the Uniform Mechanical Code. Mechanical product standards cover heating, ventilation, cooling and refrigeration system products.
IAPMO also publishes standards covering products used in the Recreational Vehicle and Manufactured Housing Industry called IAPMO Trailer Standards.
IAPMO is pleased to announce that the following IAPMO/ANSI standards were published recently and are available for purchase:
• IAPMO/ANSI S1001.1-2013 Design and Installation of Solar Water Heating Systems
• IAPMO/ANSI Z124.5-2013e1 Plastic Toilet Seats
• IAPMO/ANSI Z124.7-2013 Prefabricated Plastic Spa Shells
• IAPMO/ANSI Z124.8-2013e1 Plastic Liners for Bathtubs and Shower Receptors
• IAPMO/ANSI Z1000-2013 Prefabricated Septic Tanks
• IAPMO/ANSI Z1001-2013 Prefabricated Gravity Grease Interceptors
• IAPMO/ANSI Z1033-2013e1 Flexible PVC Hoses and Tubing for Pools, Hot Tubs, Spas, and Jetted Bathtubs
• IAPMO/ANSI Z1088-2013 Pre-Pressurized Water Expansion TanksIAPMO/ANSI Z1000-2013 Prefabricated Septic Tanks
Note: These standards Z124.5, Z124.7 and Z124.8 replace the previous editions, published in 2006 (Z124.5), 1997 (Z124.7) and 1990 (Z124.8).
The following IAPMO standards were published in January:
• IAPMO IGC 127-2014 Combined Hand‐Washing Systems
• IAPMO PS 090-2014 Elastomeric Test Caps, Cleanout Caps, and Combination Test Caps/Shielded Couplin