For over 30 years, IAPMO’s standards-development, an ANSI approved process, has primarily focused on plumbing product standards. This concentration was primarily due to IAPMO members’ expertise from over 50 years of writing and updating the Uniform Plumbing Code.
Recently, IAPMO’s efforts have broadened to include standards for mechanical products. Drawing on their years of experience, many IAPMO members have also contributed to the development of the Uniform Mechanical Code. Mechanical product standards cover heating, ventilation, cooling and refrigeration system products.
IAPMO also publishes standards covering products used in the Recreational Vehicle and Manufactured Housing Industry called IAPMO Trailer Standards.
IAPMO is pleased to announce that the following IAPMO/ANSI standards were published recently and are available for purchase:
• IAPMO/ANSI Z124.5-2013 Plastic Toilet Seats
• IAPMO/ANSI Z124.7-2013 Prefabricated Plastic Spa Shells
• IAPMO/ANSI Z124.8-2013 Plastic Liners for Bathtubs and Shower Receptors
• IAPMO/ANSI Z1000-2013 Prefabricated Septic Tanks
• IAPMO/ANSI Z1001-2013 Prefabricated Gravity Grease Interceptors
• IAPMO/ANSI Z1033-2013 Flexible PVC Hoses and Tubing for Pools, Hot Tubs, Spas, and Jetted Bathtubs
Note: These standards Z124.5, Z124.7 and Z124.8 replace the previous editions, published in 2006 (Z124.5), 1997 (Z124.7) and 1990 (Z124.8).
The following IAPMO standards were published in November:
• IAPMO IGC 299‐2013a Ring Gaskets for Water Closet and Urinal Outlets